The FSM-400 is a fixed format mixer designed for the professional DJ or small installation.
Available in 2 sizes - Standard 15 inch or with a 19 inch rack mount bezel (black only).
- 7 stereo inputs, 3 of which may be selected to RIAA
- 1 balanced mic input
- 3 band EQ. per channel. (specially tailored for this mixer). EQ.
range +5dB to 20dB
- Fully assignable crossfader, stereo channels
- 2 gain settings per input on channels 2,3 + 4 (internal jumpers).
The gain range is (normal) ±15dB or (low setting) +2dB to -19dB
- Split monitoring
- Music level reduction button to allow talk over
- Individual circuit cards per channel
- Zone, booth outputs (mono or stereo)
- Internal selection provided for the unit to be set to individual
- Main output (balanced). Separate mono main output
- 2 pairs of record outputs (music only & program)
- Transformer isolated trigger output
- Sub bass output
- 2 headphone output jack sockets
- Remote music mute
- Long life crossfader and Punch button
- Alps potentiometers and faders throughout
- Integral, fully regulated power supply
Formula Sound are recognised as one of the leading manufacturers of professional audio
equipment DJ mixers and the FSM-400 is built to their usual high standards of
construction and audio quality. Although the FSM-400 is a fixed format
design mixer, the use of individual circuit cards per channel improve reliability
and aid servicing should the need arise.
The FSM400 mixer is primarily aimed at the
professional DJ but will also be used in smaller installations where a four
channel mixer with each channel switchable to two inputs can be utilised.
Channel 1 is switchable between low
impedance microphone and stereo line inputs. Phantom power is available for
microphones (internal selection).
Channels 2 to 4 are switchable between
A and B inputs. The A input may be internally configured to be either an
RIAA equalised input for a magnetic phono cartridge or a normal line input
to accept CD, tape etc. The B input is always a normal line input.
Three band equalisation is fitted to all
inputs. The range is +5dB to -20dB. The amount of large cut eliminates the
need for frequency cut switches and is available on all channels allowing
Channels 2 to 4 have internal jumpers to
provide 2 gain settings per input. The gain range is - (normal) ±15dB or (low
setting) +2dB to -19dB.
Push button switches are used for input
selection, PFL (pre fade listen) routing etc. and a smooth 60mm fader, which
is arranged to eliminate the ingress of dirt, complete the channel controls.
The output section provides ample
facilities to cope with most applications. It includes a new design of
crossfade circuit that places less demand on the fader to ensure exemplary
attenuation and extended life. A punch button facility is also included.
Illuminated push buttons, LED meters and
indicators are fitted throughout to provide the operator with good visual
indication of the mixer status.
Unlike the majority of fixed format mixers,
all connectors are fitted to the rear panel which allows
unrestricted access when the mixer is fitted in a desktop or console